Monday, June 1, 2009

It won’t be like this for long…

I think it is natural to wish for things to come. Sometimes I feel like we spend so much time devoted to wishing for something to happen that miss out on the moments occurring at this very minute.

I purchased Darius Rucker’s first solo c.d. probably a month ago and have really enjoyed it. Since learning I was pregnant the song “It Won’t Be Like This For Long” has taken on a whole new meaning. Here are the lyrics:


Lyrics Darius Rucker lyrics - It Won't Be Like This For Long lyrics

I was thinking to myself, wow, I can’t wait until I am bringing my little one home for the first time. Then it dawned on me—are you listening to the message? I can’t believe it was just a few short months ago that I was dreaming about being pregnant for the first time. Here I am wishing my life away. Relatively speaking, pregnancy is such a short time. I want to enjoy everything about it. I want to live my life for the moment because that is all we are guaranteed in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment